The event happens rain or shine, but the current forecast is sunshine on race day!
We encourage all participants to dress up as Santa Claus or one of your favorite holiday characters or traditions. Costume ideas include Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, the Grinch, reindeer, elves, dreidels, menorahs, ornaments, trees, and candlesticks.
This year, we’re collecting food items at the Sacramento Santa Run for Blessings in a Backpack! Blessings in a Backpack provides food on the weekends for elementary school children in the Sacramento area. Help feed more local children by bringing food items to the Race Start Stage, or drop off at the Blessings in a Backpack booth or stage at the Finish Expo.
Click here to view a list of food items needed.
Beat the crowds and pick up your Santa suit and t-shirt on the following days and times.
- Thursday, December 15 @ 12-5pm
Pottery World – El Dorado Hills
1006 White Rock Rd, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
- Friday, December 16 @ 12-5pm
Pottery World – Rocklin
4419 Granite Dr, Rocklin, CA 95677
- Saturday, December 17 @ 7-9am
Race Day at the State Capitol
1315 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95814
Race Day Details
Date: Saturday, December 17, 2016
Location: 1315 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Same day packet pickup opens at 7:00am
- 5K race starts at 9am
- Merry Mile immediately follows the 5k
- Awards Presentation approx. 10:30am
- Pre-race, course and finish line entertainment.
- Enjoy milk and cookies (waffles provided by HoneyStinger) post-race!
- Grab your friends and family and capture fun photos in our photo area. Be sure to share your photos online #SacramentoSantaRun
- Sacramento’s RSVP Choir will be performing Christmas carols at the Race finish, while Voice Academy vocalists will spur runners along the race course, with songs of the season.
There are numerous parking garages downtown, with the map below showing garages near the 10th St race start location. Regular parking fees apply.
If you have any additional questions, email us at email@example.com.